Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Confessions of a chubster.

Hello world. Isha here.
Today, I am turning over a new leaf. Today, I start a journey. Today, I use a million cliches to do something I should have done a while ago.

Lose.Weight.

In 2006, I moved to California upon graduation from college. At the time, I weighed 125 lbs. (My husband would say it was too thin, and I would agree.)

In 2008, I got married. I weighed 165 lbs. 40 lbs. In 2 years.

In 2011, I had a baby. After her delivery, I returned to my pre-pregnancy weight of 180lbs.

And that is where I stand today. 180 lbs. A minimum of 20lbs over the recommended BMI. 30 lbs over my ideal goal of 150.

For the past 8 months, I have focused all of my energy into breastfeeding my precious baby girl. After the first attempt to work out, around 5 months post birth, my supply dipped. So I stopped. Breastfeeding was priority one.

And while it remains as such, I can no longer sit by and live with myself this way. I have to make a change. I am surrounded by fabulous motivation, and I will USE it to do this.

I love chocolate. And sugar. And soda. So this won't be easy.

But God Willing, it will be worth it. So here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment